Thursday 6 May 2010

Finishing up

Rendering the individual scenes, using the view from different cameras. This was a process that unkown to myself that takes a lot of computing power to complete.
Rendering the animation was a dificult part of the process. Mainly because you need an amazing computing power and many hours of time to wait for each scene to render. I had to reduce the quality of the final animation, also remove the trees, plants and water high detailed effects, also reduce the quality of the lighting system which was very disapointing. My computer took 22 minutes to render one frame, considering my animation is made up of 1500 frames that is a very long time. Reducing the quality of the lighting drastically effected the quality of my animation, along with the reduced output quality, but it there after rendered at 30sec per frame. This disapointed me no end, as I was initialy very happy with the still renders of the scene, but the final outcome has not impressed me.
If I was to approach this module again, I would have learnt alot more about the rendering capabilitys of certain computers, before modeling and animation all my work on them. As different versions of the 3Ds max software are not compatible when importing animation, only objects such as still meshes. I wold aslo have spent less time modelling, and more time animating, as I have never approached it before i did not understand the huge indertakning of it, and the time and patience that it requires.

No comments:

Post a Comment